The Šeškov dom cultural centre
The museum building is an extremely vital monument of the Slovene statehood. It was built in 1936/37 as a Sokol House. It was intended as a multi-purpose building with a large central gym – a hall with a theatre stage and side rooms. From 1 till 4 October 1943, an Assembly of the emissaries of the Slovene nation took place in the building. They were the first directly elected representation of an occupied nation in Europe during the World War II. For safety reasons the assembly took place at night. After World War II finished, the building was renovated and renamed to Šeškov dom after the national hero Jože Šeško (1908 – 1942). In the years 1992 – 1999 there was a thorough renovation of the building which is now Šeškov dom Cultural Centre and a modern museum.