The Parish Church of St. Bartholomew
The original parish church was built in 1339. It stood on the same spot as later the chapel of the Holy Cross at the old cemetery. It was demolished in 1879. On the spot where the church stands today there used to be a chapel of the Turjak family. The parish church of St. Fabian and St. Sebastian was built in a Neo-Romanesque style and had been considered the largest consecrated building in Slovenia. The plans for it were made by the Viennese architect Friedrich Freiherr von Schmidt in 1887. The church was consecrated on 19 July 1903.