The Church of St. John the Baptist in Kočevska Reka
A church located in the centre of the village, a fine example from the Baroque period, was demolished during the time of restricted area between 1953 and 1956. Other sacred objects in the Kočevje region met the same fate.
On the foundations of the old church a new foundation stone was laid in 1994 for the new church in Kočevska Reka. After 5 years of building, it was consecrated in July 1999 as the church of St.John the Baptist. The plan for the church was designed by Janez Gomboc, and the interior is the work of the academic sculptor Stane Jarm.
Architecture is a pleasant mix of the ancient and modern. Due to the abundance of wood it works warm and homely. The church is situated at the highest point in the village and is surrounded by horse chestnut trees.